The Accounting Specialist will devote the majority of their time in preparing monthly operational accounting information and ensuring that there is integrity and timeliness in his/her work. Specifically, the Accounting Specialist will be responsible for the following:
– Perform accounting and clerical functions (e.g., resolving accounting issues, recording business transactions in AP).
– Work within a high volume environment to process payable through an integrated software system for many properties.
– Compile, code and input invoices, account statements, reports, and other records into industry accounting software.
– Work to ensure posting to the proper accounting code, period and report.
– Receive, scan and accurately post invoices received from vendors and other business partners.
– Produce payment authorizations and release funds via check and automated payment methods.
– Other projects as assigned in support of the accounting effort.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Qualified candidates will fulfill the following requirements:
– Experience in Accounting or Business, or minimum of 3 years of experience in property management and/or bookkeeping positions.
– Possess a high level of analytical ability, attention to detail and bookkeeping expertise.
– Basic competency in the use of Microsoft Office suite programs (i.e., Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
– Familiarity with industry accounting software is preferred.